Community Health Nursing
- The students of the college cater to the health needs of the communities through a well equipped Community Health Nursing Lab with 200 bags and a variety of health education materials and AV aids.
- Develop skills in Community Nursing assessment among students to provide comprehensive care to individuals, family, and community at large.
- During home visits by the students in the allotted area activities like Urine sugar test ,Urine albumin test, Hb estimation, Recording of vital signs( temperature, pulse, respiration), Wound dressing, Injection, Baby bath, Assessment of anthropometric measurements, Assessment- Antenatal, Postnatal, Newborn, Oldage are supervised by department staff.
- Development and practicing skills in preparation of IEC materials.
- Continuity of service is enhanced by prompt recording in the family folders and updating of survey reports by the department.
- Maintenance of survey reports and family folders.
- Diet and menu planning for different age group.
- Role play – planning and practice.
The department also organises and conducts mass health education programmes for the general public during the community postings. Important days like World TB Day, World AIDS day etc are also observed
Nutrition programme was organised
Mass health education organised on 11/11/2016 regarding hazards of beedi rolling at mallur area
School health programme organised on 24/11/2016 at Ammunje school
Dental health check up conducted on 24/11/2016 at Ammunje school