Medical Surgical Nursing
I and II year Post Graduate Nursing students, II and III year Basic B.Sc Nursing students I year P.C.B.Sc. Nursing students and II year Diploma Nursing students are trained by the department. The department aims to prepare the students to develop excellent competence in providing comprehensive care to patients and their families and enable the students to play the role of care provider, educator, researcher and counselor in the field of Medical Surgical Nursing. Various research activities are also undertaken by the under graduate & post graduate nursing students and clinical teaching programmes also are conducted to upgrade the knowledge and skills of staff and students.
Dr. Larissa Martha Sams, M.Sc(N), M.Phil(N), P.hD(N)H.O.D and Professor
- The department conducts individual and group health teaching to patients and their family members in the A.J.Hospital regularly.
- Skill in providing comprehensive patient care using nursing process approach is developed.
- Various screening camps for breast cancer, cervical cancer, hypertension, diabetes etc are conducted along the doctors of medical college hospital.
- Students are exposed to various speciality areas like neuro units, lithotripsy procedures, pulmonology units etc and are also sent to speciality centers like oncology for field visits.
- Various important days like world diabetic day, world COPD day, world AIDS day, etc are observed in the hospital or community by organizing awareness programmes.