The Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) program in nursing is designed to prepare students for positions as nursing faculty members, leaders in the application of innovative technologies to nursing education and clinical care, executive leaders in health care systems, and scientists who contribute to the body of nursing knowledge through their research.
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR ADMISSION TO Ph. D. PROGRAMME:
Subject to the conditions stipulated in the regulations (Refer RGUHS guidelines), the following persons are eligible to seek admission to the Ph. D. Programme under various disciplines including nursing:
- A post Graduate Qualification with at least 55 per cent marks in aggregate or its equivalent grade ‘B’ in the UGC 7- point scale (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed).
- A relaxation of 5% marks, (from 55% to 50%), or an equivalent relaxation of grade, shall be allowed for those belonging to SC/ST/OBC (non-creamy layer)/Differently-abled and other categories of candidates as per the decision of the Commission (RGUHS) from time to time.
- The eligibility marks of 55% (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed) and the relaxation of 5% to the categories mentioned above are permissible based only on the qualifying marks without including the grace mark procedures
- Candidates with M.Sc/M.Phil in Nursing degree awarded by this University or a College/University recognized by INC or a P.G. Degree in Nursing considered as equivalent by RGUHS/INC.
- The candidate intending to register for Ph. D. programme shall appear for the entrance test conducted by the University and shall be qualifying test with qualifying marks as 50% as published list of RGUHS.
DURATION OF THE Ph.D. PROGRAMME:
- Minimum duration of three years for full time course and five year for part time course & maximum duration shall be 6 years including course work, from the date of his/her provisional registration.(for special cases refer RGUHS guidelines).