A Regional Conference was jointly organized by the dept of psychiatry A.J. Institute of Medical sciences and Dept of Psychiatric Nursing, Laxmi Memorial College of Nursing on this year’s WHO theme Depression Let’s talk on 5th April 2017, to mark the observation of world health day at A.J. Auditorium Kuntikana, Mangaluru.
Dr. Ravish Thunga A. Professor and HOD of Psychiatry accorded a warm welcome to the dignitaries and the audience following Dr. Thereza Mathias Prof and HOD of Mental Health Nursing highlighted the significance of the day. The Chief Guest Dr. C.B. Vedamurthy Additional Superintendent of Police highlighted the importance of health especially mental health among the people and reiterated that prevention and promotion of health is a necessity today. Other dignitaries present were Dr. V.V. Mohan Chandran, Professor, Yenepoya University, Dr. Ashok Hegde , Dean, A. J. Institute of Medical sciences and Dr Larissa Martha Sams, Principal, Laxmi Memorial College of Nursing. Mr. Jaison Jacob, Assistant Professor delivered the vote of thanks.Six sessions were deliberated by eminent speakers namely
- “How much is too much-Let’s Talk” by Dr Ravish Thunga;
- “Make Sadness more understandable” by DR V. V. Mohan Chandran;
- “Special groups for depression ” discussed by Dr. Deepthi V.H;
- “Treat me when my life is not worth living” by Dr Shrinivasa Bhat- Prof. Dept of Psychiatry, KS Hegde Medical Academy, Mangaluru;
- “Psychological modalities of treatment” by Dr. Shwetha T.S. Consultant clinical Psychologist A.J.Institute of Medical Sciences. And